By the end of this subject students will:
- Develop an understanding of the central concepts in SD.
- Be able to understand the process in designing a syllabus.
- Develop the necessary skills and knowledge in designing a syllabus.
- Be able to design a syllabus integrating all the skills required in the process.
- Be able to design ELT materials according to the type of syllabus chosen.
As a general objective in this subject we will aim at providing you with practical ideas in syllabus and materials design, we will visit some theory but most of the course will be targeted at practicing.